• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail conversations don't quite sync

jstylen

Lurker
Mar 21, 2014
My dad just got a new Galaxy Note 2 and is having an odd issue with his gmail.

If he replies to an email from his phone the email goes through, however if he opens the email later on his computer at gmail.com the reply does not show in the conversation list. It does however show up in sent mail. He uses his phone for business use so not being able to see the whole conversation on the computer is a potential disaster waiting to happen.

Tried with multiple gmail accounts, seems to be something on the phone causing the issue not the account.

Ideas?

I just tried this ...change the setting in your gmail account on your computer under the "general" tab.
Scroll down to "conversation view"
check the box for "conversation view on".
Then save changes.

I tried it with and without the conversation view.

With it set to "off" my replies sent via my phone would end up in my "sent" box on the computer.
With it set to "on" my reply sent via my phone is still in my inbox on the computer.

Could that be it? :)

By the way, Welcome to the forums!!! :D

Reactions: saltz and tube517
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones