• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gmail Issue PLEASE HELP.

jetwrangler

Lurker
Mar 25, 2012
Here's my situation.

Gmail account (attached to android) was hacked and then deleted by Gmail. Working to get it back in my control and all info in it. Had it since 2005.

My question is I have all my contacts on my phone with email contacts. How can I take all my phone contacts including email addresses and import them into a new Gmail account.

Thanks in advance,

thats a good question... did you even introduce yourself to the community first?
um I would contact google if I could. Maybe send them an email or a letter
What does introducing themselves have to do with the issue they are having?
Anyway if you go to your contacts )on your phone) and hit your menu button you should see an option to import or export your contacts to or from your sd card, export them to your sd card, find the file that it made on your sd card, transfer it to your computer. Then while in gmail go to your contacts tab, one of the options will be import, choose it, and it will give you a box to find a file on your computer, find the one you just made and select it, it will now import all of your contacts to your new gmail account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones