• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail not syncing properly

yohanevindra

Jun 10, 2010
Does anyone have the problem where t Gmail isn'y syncing properly??or rather where the emails arent getting pushed properly??

It was working perfectly and then my emails were taking ages to come to my phone..then i updated to froyo and reset my phone and it was working really well...at times, emails would even come to my phone before it came on the computer..

but nw, its back again..for example, when i registered here, the activation email didnt come, and after about 4 mins, i had to refresh it, and then it came..

does anyone have a fix for it?is it cos i've installed too many apps?or something like that?

i did change my mobile internet pack and after i got off the phone with the customer service agent, i realised my internet wasn't on and then it had changed to another APN which doesnt seem to work..other internet stuff work..so is that the problem?

Ohhh.I saw those threads when I searched on Google.but no Google employees has replied.I'm guessing there's no fix as yet

I have had this problem after flashing Nandroid restores occasionally....

The fix is as follows:
- Settings / Applications /Manage Applications / All / Google Mail / Clear Data.....

This forces a complete resync of your email and should solve the problem.
:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones