• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

gmail notification

post was not helpful. you did not understood the query.

I have already email alert notification configured in gmail app and I get email alert notification. issue is it does not work when the phone is idle/stand by (screen off).

Do you know any workaround for this ?

Apologies for my unhelpfulness but you are right, I did not understand the query. Maybe if you had explained fully that it was only an idle/stand by issue then I could have been more help.

I was trying to be helpful but your tone of reply was not very nice!:(

Upvote 0
Apologies for my unhelpfulness but you are right, I did not understand the query. Maybe if you had explained fully that it was only an idle/stand by issue then I could have been more help.

I was trying to be helpful but your tone of reply was not very nice!:(

sorry ..if my post has hurt you...there was absolutely no intention to hurt you.

Thanks for the post.

I just told that issue is with stand by/idle mode....may be you just missed that part.

anyway... thanks for the post.

apology for the bad tone.

Upvote 0
Hi, I use gmail and the phone (S3 on Android 4.0.4) gives the same notification sound / vibrate as whatever the SMS is set up as, when in idle / standby. Just to clarify, your phone makes a sound when an SMS comes in but not when an email comes in? What phone are you using?

if the screen is off due to timeout ......no sound.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones