• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Gmail on phone not matching Gmail online - Missing conversation

Hi,

I noticed last night that the messages on Gmail on my phone weren't matching that of online, evening after forcing another sync. It's basically missing one conversation of (12) emails.

I then checked using a desktop client and also installed K-9 on the phone and they both matched what was on Gmail online complete with the missing conversation. However, Gmail on my phone is missing the whole conversation, but has everything else.

Any idea's why it'll just miss this one conversation? When I complete a search in Gmail on the phone for content from the conversation, it finds it, but it's just not in my Inbox?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Hi,

I noticed last night that the messages on Gmail on my phone weren't matching that of online, evening after forcing another sync. It's basically missing one conversation of (12) emails.

I then checked using a desktop client and also installed K-9 on the phone and they both matched what was on Gmail online complete with the missing conversation. However, Gmail on my phone is missing the whole conversation, but has everything else.

Any idea's why it'll just miss this one conversation? When I complete a search in Gmail on the phone for content from the conversation, it finds it, but it's just not in my Inbox?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I noticed this yesterday as well, however it seems to be fixed now.

Upvote 0
I'm still having the issue. I've moved mails etc, but it just won't sync this one conversation. Very frustrating!

Also, using the standard Gmail client, is it possible to activate 'push' on folders other than just the Inbox? It's just I filter a few messages directly to folders, but there's one folder I'm particularly interesting in receiving notification about instantly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones