• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Go to date calendar feature

Peter2041

Lurker
Nov 24, 2022
Just got my first samsung phone, always had LG smartphones, last one a V40. Every calendar app on LG had a go-to-date feature which made going to a specific date easy and quick. Not present on the stock calendar on the S21 nor in google calendar. Such an obvious feature to include. Does anyone know of a calendar app which has this feature?

sorry im not sure i understand this feature. is this like a shortcut on your homescreen?
This feature is usually accessed via the three button icon top right on the calendar home screen and one of the drop down options would be "Go-to-Date", when you hit this, you go to a date search function where it's quick and easy to change the month, or year, if needed and then select the day. Yes, you can get there without this but this option makes things much easier and quicker.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Yes, Hadron, that's what I am after. Fail to understand why all calendar apps don't have this. Unfortunately these app all have ads, any free versions with "go-to-date" out there?
I think they have ads precisely because you are using the free versions. I have the paid versions of all 3, and hence no ads; I work on the principle that it takes time and effort to write and maintain apps (I know because I do software development as part of my job), so I've no problem with paying a small sum to use them - and compared to PC software it is indeed only a small sum.

Upvote 0
I think they have ads precisely because you are using the free versions. I have the paid versions of all 3, and hence no ads; I work on the principle that it takes time and effort to write and maintain apps (I know because I do software development as part of my job), so I've no problem with paying a small sum to use them - and compared to PC software it is indeed only a small sum.

Fair enough, must admit I haven't looked at what they cost so that may be the correct thing for me to do ;)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones