• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GoF 2 going on GoF 3 - GOF2

JAy3001

Android Expert
Dec 13, 2010
UK
Quite possibly the number 1 space SIM on android still after all these years. I still find myself reinstalling this game each year to have a pleasure cruise through its varried levels.

With GOF 3 currently in testing for android, but out for iOS i took a keen interest to see what it was like. Sadly they have decided to go for the IAP route fully. Of course the HD version of GOF 2 did have IAPs, but these where mainly to add the extra level. Which it totally acceptable to me. You could buy credits, but I never needed to.

Now I have done a lot of research on this new game and it would seem they have also decided to drop the space exploration and space station visits; oh and crafting. Terribly sad news as this is what these games are all about.

I know they recently added an option to explore, in a very loose term by the looks of it. Generally you just have to fly around waiting for special boxes to appear to give you bonuses.

Add another negative issue and you now don't even have to shoot anything, the game does this for you!! What?? Oh dear it's not even fun in the shoot em up area either. The reason for this is because it's now a fast paced twisting, turning space erm sim? that does not allow you the time to aim and shoot. You also need to wait set times for weapons to rearm etc.

The final nail in the coffin is the fact you need to be online to play, with the game checking in to the games server's almost all of the time.

I feel terribly sad by the sound of GOF 3, it sounds terrible compared to the other games. I'm sure IAP addicts will love ploughing £100s into this game though. And by all accounts it looks amazing.

Check out the reviews, some pretty scathing comments for FishLabs.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones