• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Going back. (Need help)

EsOne

Lurker
Aug 10, 2012
NW Ohio
Alright, so I am currently running CTMOD Final with CWM recovery and Hyper kernel. I want to flash back to stock and unrooted (if its stock rooted I dont care, I just want stock) ROM.

I've downloaded the KDZ, the LG updater, installed msxml.msi, LG drivers (and disabled LG Modem in Device Manager), but I cannot get it to go back. I'm getting flustered.

When running the updater, it freezes while "unpacking KDZ". ADB shows device A10000199F7FA8. With phone unplugged updater unpacks and tells me there is no phone.

I'm running Windows 8, with all things being started/installed under administrator rights and Windows 7 compatibility. Also tried without compatibility modes.

I need some help, please!

Still drives me nuts too...

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

I came close to trying out the touch version but ended up sticking with the original. I just made the decision that if it's working great the way it is then I'm gonna leave it alone. lol :D

It wasn't until a week or so after I chose to stay with the original that I found out it had issues flashing the baseband.

Upvote 0
I came close to trying out the touch version but ended up sticking with the original. I just made the decision that if it's working great the way it is then I'm gonna leave it alone. lol :D

It wasn't until a week or so after I chose to stay with the original that I found out it had issues flashing the baseband.

Yeah I jumped in and pushed the CWM touch. Big Mistake!!! Now I can't get the kdz method to work and I have lost data and keep going into roaming. I'm gonna try it again but I think I may have finally done something that I cannot fix on this thing. Bad thing is that I can't flash Marky Beats or stock because it won't flash the radio and baseband. I'm getting aggravated!!! :mad::mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones