• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Good Android RPG (Galaxy Tab 7 Plus)

I've been shopping for a tablet. I am a very cautious shopper, and Android has not been able to convince me to adopt its tablet.

Interesting. I was an avid iPad user for probably close to 2 years. I started regularly using my Android phone after disabling 3g radio (paranoid about radiation... lol) and really really really liked the interface and the overall design of the OS. I started using my 3rd gen iPad less and my Android phone more despite the screen size differences. I bought a Nexus 7 a few days ago and will be selling my iPad after I get most apps transferred to their Android equivalents (or find apps that are similar).

Aralon: Sword and Shadow -- A 3D open-world RPG much like Morrowind, but I actually like it better than Morrowind since I prefer its distinct class and level system over Morrowind's skill-based system (and the boring skill grinding that goes with it). This is my favorite game on my phone and I can't say enough good things about it. Note that it's currently only available in Amazon's app store, not Google Play.

I think I love you, in a strictly platonic way. The main reason I didn't want to sell my iPad (but decided to anyway) was Aralon. I played it quite a bit on the iPad and it was one of my favorite games. I tried it on the iPod Touch and wow... it's small. lol I was sad that I couldn't find this game in Google's store. I just now downloaded this it on my Nexus 7 after seeing your post and am ecstatic. It's beautiful and plays just like the iPad version, but of course a bit smaller. Thank you!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones