Good Lord 130 Dollars More For 1yr Contract

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by oPEEPINGTOMo, Sep 9, 2010.

1. oPEEPINGTOMo

oPEEPINGTOMo Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Information Technology
    TX
    Was just pondering to see how much this thing would be if i ordered it through VZW online

2yr = 299 - 100 instant - 100 NE2 = 99

1yr = 329 - 100 instant = 229 ( dumb you don't get then NE2 discount unless you sign another 2yr contract, i thought the credit was earned since i had already had this phone for 2 years and that if i signed a 1yr contract i just wouldn't get the discount next go round)

I know it's only 30 bucks more than i expected (199) , but would it be cheaper on a 1 yr @ VZ store?

Advertisement
  2. Araliss

Araliss Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    For me it was 70 more. But that equals out to paying for 1 extra month of service versus paying for another 11 months of service. At least you'll be able to swap out of phones faster. I think it was worth the extra for those two things.

3. oPEEPINGTOMo

Aug 30, 2010
    Information Technology
    TX

Total with taxes it is 245 dollars for me for the 1yr upgrade, would have been about 110 probably for a 2yr so paid about 135 dollars more total for the 1yr.

Hopefully i dont regret this, i wasn't going to order but there seems to be some positive reviews hitting the boards now from users, and the phone that i have not literally doesnt work for anything but texting and even that can be quirky sometimes. Hopefully i wont have to return it within the 30 days and end up liking it. I'm sure i will as long as the GPS works out.

4. Araliss

Araliss Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    I don't think I can ever have a non super Amoled screen ever again. I think you will be quite pleased. I'm waiting for mine to come now but I love my Epic. I really hate to lose the physical keyboard but I need a good solid signal.

One year will be worth it unless you think you'll be happy holding it for 2 years. I know there are a lot of super phones coming out next year but I needed a phone now.

5. santeli

santeli Member

Sep 7, 2010
    I'm not sure I get this math. Isn't the phone 199.99 w/ a 2 year upgrade online, and no mail-in rebate?

How are you getting 99 for a 2 year upgrade?

6. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Where Diamond Head Stay
    Read again, he has a $100 New Every Two discount as well on a 2 yr. plan.

7. oPEEPINGTOMo

Aug 30, 2010
    Information Technology
    TX

Well i figured one year would also be good in case there are some good LTE phones out by then or even maybe a Verizon iPhone. Not sure i would get it but if Apple improved it enough and added some of the features that Android has i would consider it, mainly because i have a mac and use iTunes as my primary organization software for my music, etc.

8. santeli

santeli Member

Sep 7, 2010
    Ah, the acronym got me.

Thanks

9. wtherrell

wtherrell Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    North Carolina
    Coming from a WiMo phone, it will probably take me the 2 yr. to get it working like I want!
    It's always fun (tho at times frustrating) to learn to do something new.