• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Good News for F6 USERS!!!!!

I got this phone 10 days ago. I had to take it back cause flash wouldnt turn off. I just got a update that is 103mb i didnt have one on the first phone. Should i install it? Does anyone know what its for? Also just noticed that it says lte intead 4g lte as screen also shows. Maybe the updated will change that?

2014-02-18-14-10-04_zpsz5snptxd.jpg

Update was from e to i. I updated, hope that it was the right thing to do.

Upvote 0
I "heard" from a MetroPCS rep, that release wise we are supposed to get the update anywhere before the 1st quarter ends this year i.e: March 31st, if all goes as planned. However this was also from the same Rep. that was unaware of what BSI meant or was so...

I look forward to this Kit Kat update, as this was one of the selling points in me getting the phone, as well as the auto focus 1080p BSI Camera. I learned from my last mistake when buying the Quattro 4G. Research first, I have always had Optimus series phones in the past, why I strayed from them, I have no idea. My mistake though.

I still have my Optimus M, which has been washed, run over, dropped out of the window of a car going down the road, dropped off a 4 story roof, etc. etc. and still to this day running CM7.

Upvote 0
I "heard" from a MetroPCS rep, that release wise we are supposed to get the update anywhere before the 1st quarter ends this year i.e: March 31st, if all goes as planned. However this was also from the same Rep. that was unaware of what BSI meant or was so...

I look forward to this Kit Kat update, as this was one of the selling points in me getting the phone, as well as the auto focus 1080p BSI Camera. I learned from my last mistake when buying the Quattro 4G. Research first, I have always had Optimus series phones in the past, why I strayed from them, I have no idea. My mistake though.

I still have my Optimus M, which has been washed, run over, dropped out of the window of a car going down the road, dropped off a 4 story roof, etc. etc. and still to this day running CM7.
That would be nice. Hope the reps right.

Upvote 0
Does it make sense that none of the phone websites know about Q1 date but your rep do?

Upvote 0
Does it make sense that none of the phone websites know about Q1 date but your rep do?

I dunno a few things could be said but I have to ask first.

Do you trust what some outlet prints or posts about your phone, or what the person that works where your phone is sold and where you pay your bill for service has to say about it? I said before this came from the same Rep. who couldn't tell me what a BSI camera was, all she had to say was it has to be better cause it doesn't just say "Camera"!

Like I said I dunno. I don't have an answer for it either, I just passed a long said information is all. As the saying goes, I'm just the messenger, please!! don't shoot the messenger!

I have heard 2 different things so far, 1 being by March 31st and the other being by June 2014. 6 of 1, half dozen of another, this phone is slated for an update. When is the question, no one knows for certain is the answer.

Upvote 0
Best way to tell if we're getting an update is to look at the european variant of this phone (D505). Europe gets their updates about 3 months before the usa. I check every few days and nothing yet. I doubt we'll get kitkat since metro got the new LG L70 with kitkat, but if we do it'll probably be closer to the end of the year.

Of course this is not always the case. Sometimes europe skips an update, but we still get it.

Yeah metro guy is probably getting his info from these forums lol.

Reactions: johnsan1234
Upvote 0
I just talked with tmobile tech support today about another issue. While I had him on the phone I asked him about the possibility of Kit Kat on our f6's. He said they are scheduled to receive it from LG mid June and will have it ready for T Mobile customers in the first two weeks of July.

I replied, "I know these phones aren't your 'brightest and best', so is this really going to happen or are you just blowin' smoke? And he assured me that it's a sure thing.

Upvote 0
No official update. I've read speculations of june, but nothing in concrete. Guy at the metro store said yup, but he'd probably say yup if I asked if we're getting lemondrop (or lollypop or whatever the next one will be)...

I don't know, I'd like to believe that a salesman worth anything would have said something along the lines of "Probably not. However we do have this phone over here that's running 4.4 for $350 that I can talk my boss into knocking it down to $325 for you..."

Upvote 0
I'm done buying budget LG phones. They're nothing but a nightmare. Just got the F6 and "insufficient memory" even though I did the external 2 internal trick which worked just fine on my L9. I'm telling you these phones are nothing but a nightmare. If the F6 gets KK and allows you to use sd card to store apps properly or expand general memory, then I'm game.

Upvote 0
I'm done buying budget LG phones. They're nothing but a nightmare. Just got the F6 and "insufficient memory" even though I did the external 2 internal trick which worked just fine on my L9. I'm telling you these phones are nothing but a nightmare. If the F6 gets KK and allows you to use sd card to store apps properly or expand general memory, then I'm game.
you have to use the script, and link2sd

Upvote 0
Maybe this phone is just not for you?

I use pressy4pie tool http://androidforums.com/metropcs-optimus-f6-all-things-root/838351-mod-beta-sdcard-memory-hack.html and never seen insufficient memory message with my 60+ apps installed.

Just bought a second one from the Target clearance deal. Incredible bargain price/performance - for me.:p

Upvote 0
Instead of using the external 2 internal app like I been doing before, I did this trick http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus...l_sd-fixed-duplicate-files-4.html#post6576178. You think this will help with the insufficient storage issue? In storage, it shows the internal has as much memory as my external sd card, and external sd card went lower to 1.27gb, like it literally just switched.

I'm still getting this low internal storage reading in the app section. I screenshot it, look at the internal storage: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-aI5_U-LQ0uZ19KWTVqb2daVDA/edit?usp=sharing

Upvote 0
This is like gibberish to me lol. I mean I know what link2sd is, because I used to use it for moving apps to sd, but moving apps doesn't increase internal storage.

Instead of using the external 2 internal app like I been doing before, I did this trick http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus...l_sd-fixed-duplicate-files-4.html#post6576178. You think this will help with the insufficient storage issue? In storage, it shows the internal has as much memory as my external sd card, and external sd card went lower to 1.27gb, like it literally just switched.

I'm still getting this low internal storage reading in the app section. I screenshot it, look at the internal storage: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-aI5_U-LQ0uZ19KWTVqb2daVDA/edit?usp=sharing

The SD mod you tried only moves data to your SD card so you'll still need to use link2sd to move the apps to SD card. This would eliminate the storage error. That's what Trevor was saying in short.

Upvote 0
The SD mod you tried only moves data to your SD card so you'll still need to use link2sd to move the apps to SD card. This would eliminate the storage error. That's what Trevor was saying in short.
After eliminating the storage error, will I be able to download as many apps as I want up to the external sd card storage limit? Also, which apps do I move to the sd with link2sd?

Upvote 0
So the 11extsd2internalsd mod basically allows the link2sd app to move apps that normally can't be moved over the the SD card by either the "move to SD" or "create a link" option? Basically, if I download a large gb app, I can move it over so I regain space and keep downloading other apps and repeat the process? Please explain.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones