1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Good player for audio books?

Last Updated:

1. Sirrom

Sirrom Member This Topic's Starter

Mar 29, 2010
    I'm using Meridian to listen to audio books, but I would sure love to find a player that let's me choose when to start listening. Meridian remembers where I left off in a book, but one slight bump and it goes back to zero. Sure would be nice to have it start at "minute 210" or wherever. What's worked for you?

2. aiz4andy

aiz4andy Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Have a look for Mortplayer - there is a music version and an audiobook version - I use both, and they are both free.
  3. Maris

Maris Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Totally agree on the Mort Player for audio books.
  4. our3rotts

our3rotts Guest

I use Overdrive Media - it's the audioreader that my library books are supported by. Though it only plays MP3 audio for now. They are working on Android WMA support.
  5. 0sync0

0sync0 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    How does that work with the library that you get audio books from them on your Android?
  6. our3rotts

our3rotts Guest

It's all an online checkout system from your library. Then you download the books with Overdrive. You get the books for 7-14 days and you are limited to a specific number of books at a time.

Enter your zipcode at their website to find a local library that offers it.

They have apps for your phone as well as your PC.

I have the app on my netbook to transfer the WMA files to my Sansa. I have the app on my phone for the MP3 files.

My library just started offering ebooks, too - now to figure out how to read those on my Eris!
  7. skyhigh

skyhigh Member

Nov 7, 2009
    The Ambling BookPlayer has an automatic bookmarking feature with an undo/redo history. If you end up accidentally moving to the wrong place in the audiobook you can just push the undo key and you are back where you were before.

The free Lite edition lets you do 5 levels of undo, and if you purchase the player it gives you hundreds of levels of undo. You can also browse the automatic bookmarking listening history to see where you started and stopped listening or moved positions in the audiobook by date and time and by position, and you can go to any of these positions in the book.