• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Goodbye Maxx Thread

Old Member

Android Expert
Mar 23, 2010
Cincinnati
I thought this would be a great place to say goodbye as we leave this thread and move on to other devices. I realize that we were never as large or active as other devices that I've been a part of, but still it'd be good to hear from you as you leave. I also realize that many of you are not anywhere close to moving on from the Maxx, that's okay. Some of us are. Thanks for the conversation and help over the past 15 months.

I'm moving on to the Note 4. I REALLY tried to like the N6 but it wasn't for me. Hope to see some of you in the Note 4 forums.

CBF

How long you staying with the Maxx?

My upgrade date is August 2015. I've *really* resisted using Edge to get a Turbo or a Note 4. My Maxx is still a great phone with some life left. Besides, by August the next round of phones will be out.

A buddy of mine just got a Note 4. The screen on that is breathtaking. It is absolutely beautiful.

Reactions: Old Member
Upvote 0
I thought this would be a great place to say goodbye as we leave this thread and move on to other devices. I realize that we were never as large or active as other devices that I've been a part of, but still it'd be good to hear from you as you leave. I also realize that many of you are not anywhere close to moving on from the Maxx, that's okay. Some of us are. Thanks for the conversation and help over the past 15 months.

I'm moving on to the Note 4. I REALLY tried to like the N6 but it wasn't for me. Hope to see some of you in the Note 4 forums.

CBF
Hello, I bought this phone not t0o long ago at Verizon store. I wish they had told me that it was already considered an "old" phone. As I was trying to find a case, stores kept telling me how they used to carry it, but since it's older they don't now. That was my first clue. So what to do when I still have over a year on my contract? I had a Razr Maxx HD which I loved but broke the screen on. I realized it was an older phone, but I knew that. I feel like the Verizon store tricked me. Which gets me to my original reason for writing, I guess I still need help from this forum. :)

Upvote 0
Hello, I bought this phone not t0o long ago at Verizon store. I wish they had told me that it was already considered an "old" phone. As I was trying to find a case, stores kept telling me how they used to carry it, but since it's older they don't now. That was my first clue. So what to do when I still have over a year on my contract? I had a Razr Maxx HD which I loved but broke the screen on. I realized it was an older phone, but I knew that. I feel like the Verizon store tricked me. Which gets me to my original reason for writing, I guess I still need help from this forum. :)

Unless they lied and told you it was the latest and greatest thing, I don't see how you can say they tricked you. (Plus, the fact that you can get a Maxx for free while they're still charging $200 or more for phones like the Droid Turbo and Galaxy S5 should have been a good indicator that it wasn't a top-tier device anymore). In any case, the moral of the story is: do your research and never assume that a salesman knows what they're talking about or is telling you the truth.

That said, there are still plenty of cases available, you just might not be able to find them in stores anymore.
Check here: http://goo.gl/w8hzdT
I'm personally a big fan of the Diztronic TPU cases. They're not flashy, but they'll protect from most bumps and scrapes, and they're cheap: http://amzn.com/B00EOTLZLQ

And don't freak out too much- yes, the phone was released a year and a half ago, and more powerful ones have come out since then. However, it is still a rock solid phone that can do damn near everything the more recent ones can do without faltering. I got mine the weekend they were released, and my upgrade date isn't until this August, but since I'm not having any problems, I have every confidence that my Maxx will get me at least that far without any issues, which is more than I can say for either my previous Galaxy Nexus or my wife's S3.

Reactions: Outatime
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones