• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Goodbye Motorola Triumph and Hello Galaxy Nexus :D

Come on, let's stay friendly.

Personally, I think the "Bye leaving the Triumph (or any other phone) for [Better Phone]!!" threads are kind of pointless and a "Ha, ha, suckers!" shout to the people with a Triumph still, even if it wasn't meant to be like that. Granted, the Triumph isn't the greatest phone and not even the best Motorola phone and there are a lot of better phones, like the Galaxy Nexus, but this would be better as a "Here I Come" thread in a Galaxy Nexus section of the forum, if there is one.

A comparison between the Triumph and the Galaxy Nexus would be interesting though.

And the devs deserve all the thanks they can get. :D

Reactions: agentc13 and eas014
Upvote 0

Personally, I think the "Bye leaving the Triumph (or any other phone) for [Better Phone]!!" threads are kind of pointless and a "Ha, ha, suckers!" shout to the people with a Triumph still, even if it wasn't meant to be like that. Granted, the Triumph isn't the greatest phone and not even the best Motorola phone and there are a lot of better phones, like the Galaxy Nexus, but this would be better as a "Here I Come" thread in a Galaxy Nexus section of the forum, if there is one.

A comparison between the Triumph and the Galaxy Nexus would be interesting though.

Some people might be interested on moving on from a triumph or just want to see a comparison between it and the galaxy nexus and the Dev's deserve a lot of credit they have really made this phone truly amazing ! ICS running just without the camera , thats pretty remarkable not even virgin mobile can update it to gingerbread or at least dont want to !

Upvote 0

Thank you, you put it very nicely.

I can completely understand being annoyed by seeing multiple posts/threads on the same topic, but that's no reason to be rude. It's pretty easy to avoid a thread by reading the title, so if you don't want to read that sort of post nobody's making you.

Saying goodbye or thanks to the devs/community is completely fine.

Also, if you want to bring something to the moderators attention, using the report button is the best way to do so.

Upvote 0
I liked my Triumph a lot, just not the network it was on. I also went to a GNex.

No offense is intended to the Triumph, but everything is better on the GNex with two exceptions. I love the size and finish of the Triumph, and the speaker volume/clarity is much better on the Triumph.

The GNex is smoother, faster, brighter, way better in sunlight, much crisper, and thus far I have had no need to root the phone. And the battery lasts much longer to boot.

Oh, HDMI out on the Triumph (and all Moto devices) is better than MHL.

Reactions: eas014
Upvote 0
Oh, I'd also just say, I think threads like this can be useful. When someone jumps ship for some other plan/phone, it is interesting to hear what it is. Most of the options I became aware of, it was due to someone leaving for that option. The people jumping are jumping from the same ship, so what they find compelling in a new plan (cheapness probably) is probably something I'd find compelling too.

I guess if someone posts "I got a new phone, screw you suckers" or similar, there isn't much value add there. But "T-mobile has a $30 plan with better data" was useful for me to hear. Or that Page Plus now has plans with 2GB of data. If I could have taken my Triumph there, I probably would have.

Upvote 0
So i finally receive my galaxy nexus and i have been playing around with it for about 15 min and it is really smooth and the screen is beautiful i love it already! i will tell you how it compares to the moto triumph but as of right now i would suggest if people want to jump ship that they should!

Are you on Straight Talk? I've been thinking of switching too, for a Nexus :D

Upvote 0
Are you on Straight Talk? I've been thinking of switching too, for a Nexus :D

Nope t mobile , and I'm about to pay the bill today so tomorrow I'll be able to tell you how it is:) and it's super amazing only problem very minor is that on the nexus having the screen on low brightness you see somewhat grainy but I'll get use to it and on full brightness you don't get that grainines but otherwise really nice phone! I'd say get it!

Upvote 0
had to make the picture smaller but here are the speeds im getting on my gnex !:D way better than virgin mobile!

Attachments

• speeds on t mobile.png
    speeds on t mobile.png
    175.6 KB · Views: 127
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones