• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Goodbye My Old Metal Friend

Alsigney

Jun 4, 2010
Well after almost a year, my Devour finally rebooted at the wrong exact time while installing a piece of software, which I'm not 100% if it did brick my phone (I don't think it was anything Google, been to long to remember now. Oh wait I was installing Skype) but none the less, my phone did not boot up. So I called verizon, and they didn't even bother with a hard reset. I told them I was sick of the phone, it's horrible quality, and it's bad coding and rebooting. (It wasn't my first time calling about the phone doing something dumb, like bricking my SD card, rebooting, hard resetting, force closing)

So they Gave me a "Like New" Droid 2, which broke my original SD card (With my help OFC cause it corrupting files and I had to keep reformatting with my PC)

Anyhow It's a wonderful phone, and now is running 2.3 Gingerbread 2 days after I got it.

There are some nice features and some not so nice feature. I miss the dedicated number row key, the all metal body, the spring loaded slider (Nope the Droid 2 does not have a spring loaded slider, all manual. I know right >.>. At first I thought it was broke and said "Like new my ***) and I miss the actual space between the QWERTY keys, though the buttons on this device seem overall a bit bigger so not a real issue. The call quality on the phone seems a little different from the receiving end, like just a hint of muffled sounds, but nothing major. I didn't get the phone for it's call quality and in all honesty could care less since I use texts most of the time. which brings me to say the top keys are real close to the slider edge compared to the devour, so if you have big figures, it might be hard to his some of those keys.

The is one thing I have to say though... One thing since my RAZR

Thank God for a camera that can take pictures! (My RAZR from 2007 took better pictures then the devour, even when moving, it had no problem. you moved the devour a hair and the picture was blurred. You move the Razr, yes a little blue but still clear and better then the devour. and Duel LED flash is a bonus to, and it a good brightness.

EDIT: Also it is official, the Devour is staying at 1.6

DEVOUR (USA)Will remain on Android 1.6 for the best combined hardware and software experience

https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/manager/softwareupgrades

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones