• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Goodbye Spirit 4G

I lied...the touchwiz that comes stock from samsung- was super bloated...
and I was having trouble finding root-free tethering...so I swallowed my fear (I paid metropcs full price for my Galaxy S4- I've rooted and rommed a dozen phones but my $650 G4 made the old sphincter cringe- as I hit the "install from zip" button from "cf- auto root"....
(newsflash sandisk ultra 64gb class ten sdcard- is a beast to get roms to recognize! the exFat partition to run with a rom giving me wifi tethering... took a few anxious days..(ended up partitioning the card anyway- to fat32 or whatever the phone automatically does...). if you buy a GS4- go with - AOSP rom "St0ckdr0id" by m3d0g.... it just works. clean Android experience.

Upvote 0
sooo you wear a fanny pack instead, with your Zooba pants?:p

Close. Cargo Shorts/Pants.

87_web_061812_containerupdate_botimage.jpg

Upvote 0
Some people will just *Never* Get It.

The FASTEST way (on a phone forum) to have everyone laugh in your face and blow off EVERYTHING you have to say, (even on the Rarest of occassions when it's something useful) is to;

Come into a Carrier forum and tell everyone how bad they're getting screwed by their carrier. Then,

Come into a Phone forum and tell everyone what a POS their phone is.

It's argumentative, inflammatory, and trolling. Oh, and childish as hell. In case you're interested, that makes that AGAINST forum rules too.

If I even gave half of a crap about what this poster says, I'd report the person here who Does It All The Damn Time.

That's OK though, I'm sure I'm not the only one who "has their number".

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Upvote 0
Yep like i keep saying, this merger is a bad thing for metro users.

Vegas, Boston and Connecticut to lose CDMA support July 1st Just read it online.

I talked to a Metro rep and he said they will be giving discounts on new GSM phones, but I imagine they will be low-end phones.

Also, I like my LG Spirit and don't wish to change my device. I was told my area, the SF Bay Area, would have CDMA support thru the end of 2015, so it sounds like I have another 17 months or so.

When T-Mobile merged with Metro, customers were told the merger would be seamless and they would not be affected in any way.

Obviously, that was a lie. I think a class-action lawsuit is in order.

I will also make a new post in case it doesn't get read here.

BTW, did you have a protective case for your phone?

I have an $8.00 3 piece protective case for my Spirit and it survived a 4' drop onto the cement sidewalk right on the lower left corner and landed face down. As I went to pick it up, I was sure the screen would be shattered but it wasn't.

My headphones were plugged in and the phone was in my jacket inside pocket and I pulled the headphones out of my pocket and my phone came along with them and flew out of my pocket and hit the sidewalk.

I generally don't like cases as I never drop my phone, but the one time I did it saved my ass.

Sorry to hear about your phone. Maybe put a Vegas zip code in the Metro site and see if they are offering any new phones for cheap?

Edit: Just noticed the date of the OP. Never mind...

Upvote 0
This seems to be the appropriate place to bid farewell. I can't remember the last time I posted here :p . I'm actually forced to leave because I lost my phone in Mexico :laugh: .

Looks like everyone left before me though. I'll be lurking over at the moto g section, it seems good stuff is happening over there.

A completed CM would have been beastly, but I think this phone got much more support than It should have received (For being metro and LG and shadowed by the S3).

I enjoyed my stay here. But I can't stay. Hasta Luego muchachos, (y muchachas ;))

Reactions: viperdink
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones