• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Buzz Available for Android 1.5+

Check it out.

I have and think it is NIFTY. Also cool is just adding the BUZZ layer to google maps and then scrolling around seeing what people in the area are saying. It's neat that you can GPS the location that you are buzzing from/about.

It is a MAJOR privacy concern for many but you control what info to release (such as location.... private/public post...etc)

Upvote 0
How do you get it? I've tried the market but it's not there. I've also tried browsing to buzz.google.com but it just says un-supported device on my Hero.

I'm guessing it must be part of the Android 2.1 since it just came with the device. I didn't install it. I thought it was available to all versions of Android but guess not after your post. Sorry about that.

When I go to google maps I see the BUZZ icon on there near the bottom right. ALSO, when I go to my web browser I see it as an option up top as well.

I'm guessing you will see it as well when Google rolls out the android updates to all phones.

Upvote 0
Google Buzz is a fun app to have if you got a lot of people using it you know. :)

From an Android phone it is pretty cool even if you don't know anyone. If someone does a PUBLIC buzz it will show up on the map if you have the buzz layer turned on. I see people all over the city I live in posting away. Pretty neat when someone takes a picture of their food at a new resturant they are eating at and gives a short caption if they like it or not. PLUS, it shows it on the map if they had GPS turned on when they posted it. I haven't seen it do it from google maps on a computer. Just on my phone. One guy posted a buzz from the top of a 300 ft tower he was working on. Pretty good view of the city from up there.

Again, there is that privacy concern but it doesn't bug me. I don't buzz from home. Just while out and about.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones