• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Calendar sync 'stuck'

sclg

Lurker
Nov 28, 2009
Google sync has been working fine till my Hero finally updated to all the latest software/firmware last weekend.
Since then, it has continually failed to sync Google calendar (mail and contacts are fine) BUT it tries all the time - exhausting the battery every 12 hours in the process!
I've seen suggestions to remove the account and re-set it up but it won't let me. Try to delete it and it says "This account is required by some applications. You can only delete it by resetting the phone to factory defaults which deletes all your personal data".

It even continues to try and sync when 'Sync calendar' is NOT ticked on the 'data & sync' page!

Any suggestions, or do I really need to go back to factory settings??
(& if so, how do I do that?)
Thanks
Steve

Hi Steve,

It's generally good practice to wipe (factory reset) when changing ROMs otherwise you might get conflicts with your old settings.

First of all, try wiping just the calendar. Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications then find the calendar, enter it and clear data. Note the manage applications will take a while to load.

If that doesn't solve it then you need to do a factory reset (which I would suggest anyway). You can do that in Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones