• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help google does not recognize my htc 2.3.5

bbxrider

Aug 23, 2011
for some reason google detects that I have an HTC 'desire' not a HTC 'inspire'
but only when it comes time to download and install chrome
this is link to the chrome I'm trying to install:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android.chrome&hl=en
See attachments, first it detects I have the att htc inspire 4g which is right but has it as android 2.2 not 2.3.5, then it comes back and says I'm incompatible with an htc desire
If something was really messed up I could see if the phone is never recognized, but the playstore works, I was able with a lot of effort to get chromecast setup, etc
I tried to manually select my phone, its there, I select it, but then the installer still reverts back to thinking its a desire!
I did post this same question embedded in another thread in the htc forum but no replies there.
with since android and chrome are both google, I would think it should be able to detect the o/s correctly?????????????
is there something I can do? like upgrade my android to 2.4?

Attachments

• chrome-incompatible-1.jpg
    chrome-incompatible-1.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 158
  • chrome-incompatible-2.jpg
    chrome-incompatible-2.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 138

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones