• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Finance- app not syncing

Michaeljc70

Oct 15, 2009
According to what I've read (and the warnings you get during installation), the Google Finance app is supposed to pull your portfolio down from the web version of Google Finance.

I have my gmail setup (and it works) and my portfolio is under that same username. Nothing gets pulled down though. Any ideas why?

I uninstalled and reinstalled and nothing. I just get a screen under portfolios that lets me add stocks by clicking a button.

I have a similar problem on the Droid. I downloaded the Google Finance app from the market and opened it. It starts to sync the portfolios and gets stuck after downloading 1 on of portfolios. The sync icon stays in the notification area and no more portfolios gets loaded. I tried hitting refresh but that doesn't help. If anyone has a solution for this problem, I'd love to be able to use Google Finance on the Droid.

Upvote 0
hrm... I decided to try Michaeljc's solution of deleting some stuff out to see if that would help. From my desktop, I removed the entire portfolio that had gotten sync'd and refreshed my phone. Lo and behold, it started synching my other 7 portfolios. I then re-added the portfolio that I had just deleted (from the desktop again) and resynched the phone. It grabbed that as well. Anyways, it looks like something about that portfolio was causing the sync to hang. It doesn't look like there's a hard limit on how many stocks you can have in your portfolios since I was able to re-add the exact same portfolio after the successful sync.

Upvote 0
Maybe I have a slight variation of it though,
After clicking the portfolio tab, I see the sync icons on the upper icon bar of my phone (IS03 with stock Android 2.1)
Then I get a popup message saying "3 portfolio updated" which is the right number of portfolio but nothing at all is shown except the "Add Ticker" button..

!?
Google, please test your apps more before releasing, you are the creator of the OS, you should have the means to do the right QA tests...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones