• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google I/O Day 2 [Android Day?!]

im actually very disappointed in a few things

- froyo "beta"....wtf?? i thought it was done? beta just means its going to take longer for us to get an update. forget the ota update when you turn on the phone. i think its going to take months maybe up to a year before we get an update from sprint.

-flash friendly sites - i was hoping for a more real web experience but now we have to contend with flash friendly sites which i think will be few and far between.

- apps2sd - engadget couldnt get it to work. lovely. go back to froyo not even coming out for awhile before we can store apps on our sd card.

all the other features wont matter if we dont actually have a working build of froyo on our phone.

Upvote 0
I'm rather amused that folks actually expected Froyo to magically drop tomorrow.

So am I. Last time I tried to say that Froyo wouldn't be dropping with the Evo, there were some people convinced that "rumors have shown sumthin sumthin Froyo is pretty much finished." Thankfully, most of this board has seemed to have their heads on their shoulders.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones