• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hey guys.. Ive been using the Eris for about 3 week now.. and i have to say it........ I HAVE NO INTENTON TO RETURN IT I LOVE IT !!! But my question is .. When i use Google maps the screen goes black which i have to go in and unlock the phone again to see were im going.. Is there any way i can disable that screen lock when using Google maps..??

in the screen timeout settings you can set it to never time out but you have to remember to lock it everytime your done. also there is a setting under aplications/usb debugging to stay awake when plugged in but i think that only makes it keep the phone active not keep the screen on.

Upvote 0
From what i've heard, the google maps that we can get on cupcake (Droid Eris) isn't the REAL google maps. I may be wrong, this is just what i understand. But wait until next year probably late in the first financial quarter they're going to push eclair out to the Eris and along with it, another version of google maps that may be more what you're looking for. And speaking of, i tried to use that app last Sunday and it was always on the wrong road, but it does give it'self a 1000 meter cushion. . . what is that a kilometer? o_O

Upvote 0
Their was an app I saw which let you make the screen prevent from Going to sleep during apps but I can't find it at all {Had a good ol' search but found nothing}....

Anyone else know what it was called?

I use "Toggle Screen Timeout" from the Market. It disables your timeout setting when you press the shortcut, and when you press it again, it restores your timeout setting. Quick and easy way to keep the screen on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones