• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Google Maps API / Signing

I'm new... did a quick search and found no results for any of my search terms, not even 'map' so not sure if the search engine is broken or what...

I'm trying to sign my app, generate a google maps api key, and have it work on the phone.

When I get the API key with the debug.keystore MD5 fingerprint, it works great. But not when I create my own keystore and generate a new API key with it.

Is this because I'm running the app through Eclipse and it always tries to 'sign' it with the debug.keystore when you're designing it? If so, how do I install the app on my phone like it's something I downloaded to test my custom keystore/google api configuration? Or if not, how do I verify my keystore is being used, and troubleshoot the problem with it?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones