• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Maps contrast issue on Optimus V?

garybeck

Android Enthusiast
Apr 19, 2011
When I'm using google maps to view a rural area with few roads, I find the contrast is so poor I can barely see the roads. does anyone else have this problem? Here's a screenshot

screenshot.jpg

it actually looks better here on the PC than it does on my phone. I can't seem to find contrast settings on the phone, only brightness, and this doesn't seem to help.

I posted this is the app forum and one person said he got similar results on a different device. So is this just bad programming from google? Seems to me the road should be a nice dark black line. why is it so light? I can barely see it!

If anyone wants to try viewing the same spot (and maybe sharing a screenshot), try
Williams Hill Road
Richmond, VT 05477

I'd be interested to know if other people with Optimus V have the same kind of low contrast issue on google maps.

thanks

Reactions: badblue1
Upvote 0

ha, thanks. looks like Richmond VA, not Richmond VT... either way, if you look at the smaller roads that are nameless on your screenshot, like half way up on the left side, you'll see how poor the contrast is and you can barely see there is a road there. I live in a rural area and all the roads are like that. I can barely see where anything is. I guess it's a Google problem and not my phone. thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones