• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Now Htc Evo Design 4g

Mikessv

Android Enthusiast
Oct 11, 2011
I have a rooted Htc Evo Design 4g from Boost and I want to use Google now on it. I downloaded it from the XDA Developers site but the voice doesn't work when I give it commands, I can only use the text.

Does anyone have this on their Evo and can help me?

I installed Google Now from Cwm recovery the Armv7 version.

I have a rooted Htc Evo Design 4g from Boost and I want to use Google now on it. I downloaded it from the XDA Developers site but the voice doesn't work when I give it commands, I can only use the text.

Does anyone have this on their Evo and can help me?

I installed Google Now from Cwm recovery the Armv7 version.

Mine did the same thing, you have to reinstall voice from the market, then it will work.

Upvote 0
Have you checked to see if media volume is turned up that was my problem. I gave it a command and when is should be talking turn up volume and make sure its not ring tone volume or do it in settings>sounds>volume set audio volumes.

Also did you use the velvet apk.. there are three options I think. I use the m-7 velvet apk. I read that now didnt play well with out the velvet packs.

Reactions: Mikessv
Upvote 0
Have you checked to see if media volume is turned up that was my problem. I gave it a command and when is should be talking turn up volume and make sure its not ring tone volume or do it in settings>sounds>volume set audio volumes.

Also did you use the velvet apk.. there are three options I think. I use the m-7 velvet apk. I read that now didnt play well with out the velvet packs.

No I didn't use the Velvet pack but now that you said something I'll try installing it. and i'm pretty sure the volume is up. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Upvote 0
the way I installed mine, I put zip file mikey v7 offline and the velvet apk on sd card and flashed the mikey v7 file using cwm then after reboot I used es file explorer to go to sd card then I clicked velvet let it do its thing and its been working ever since. I did read where there are some of the same issues that you are having though. you might want to google it and see what fix is out there. If I can help let me know.

Reactions: Mikessv
Upvote 0
the way I installed mine, I put zip file mikey v7 offline and the velvet apk on sd card and flashed the mikey v7 file using cwm then after reboot I used es file explorer to go to sd card then I clicked velvet let it do its thing and its been working ever since. I did read where there are some of the same issues that you are having though. you might want to google it and see what fix is out there. If I can help let me know.

Hmm I flashed mine but didn't install the velvet pack afterwards, I'll try it and let you know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones