• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hi all

I've finally got a Note 2, and so far so good. I've hardly put it down, and when I have its usually to pick up many Nexus 7. Anyway I digress.....

One of the things I was mostly looking forward to, coning from an unrooted HTC Desire HD running 2.3, was, and still is, Jellybean, and the wonders of Google Now.

To begin with all was well. Google Now happily told me the weather both at home, and at work, it also gave me my football (soccer) teams results from the weekend, as well as journey times to and from work with various routes, but that was it.

So I decided to play with some settings mainly for the route to work to see various times. Selected cycling,bus all was well. Then, for a laugh, I selected walking (bearing in mind work is 15miles away so will never happen), but this card then disappeared and I can't seem to get it back at all. So......

First and foremost, how do I get this card back and
How do I get Google Now to show me more ??

Anything else this phone can do or any other useful apps would be greatly welcomed

Thanks all

Doing so should bring you here with options for individual cards
yha3y7u9.jpg

Tapping the text for an idividual card brings you its settings

Reactions: PiscesCloud
Upvote 0
Thanks again. For that.
Have followed what you've said but still no different.
Unable to change the mode of transport
The only thing I could think of do g is turn off the public transport option even tho it was walking g that screwed it up.
Even with every option turned on it still currently only gives me the weather :-(

I'm wondering if 'Now' is linked to 'Maps' in some way. So, out of curiosity, what does it show in 'Maps' when you enter a new destination?

Upvote 0
First you need to make the transportation time map appears in Google Now. The card will usually show up around the time you go to work, or leave work, or you are currently moving. If you don't see it shows up, you could scroll to the bottom and select show more cards.

Now once you have the transportation map, you should see a little "i" in the upper right corner of the map. If you click it, it will let you select your transportation mode.

Upvote 0
Thanks for al the suggestions, however unfortunately none of which worked. Card didn't even show up when the bus was at the bus stop etc.

Ive now managed to get it working.

The only thing I could do was turn GoogleNow off and turn it back on again. Rurning Googlenow off resets everything so any of the setting set up have to be redone (such as favourite teams etc)

Thanks all for the suggestions and hope that if anyone else gets a simialr issue, if all else fails they reset googlenow to fix it

Reactions: PiscesCloud
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones