• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Play Store And Services Keeps Crashing

Anroid87

Lurker
Dec 22, 2014
I'm fairly new to Android, after switching over from iOS in September. I have an LG LS740 Device but recently and out of nowhere errors started popping up, especially with the Google Play Store and Google Play Services. I keep getting constant and annoying pop ups saying "Unfortunately the Google Play Store has stooped working". Also, its not letting me download any apps and I keep getting error messages when I attempt to download an app. I went into settings, then all, and then I scrolled down to where Google Play Services and Google Play Store are at and they display the date of 1/6/1970, lol what the.... is about and how can I fix this? And also, is this the reason why they keep crashing because of an incorrect date?

Please help me with this. And before you mention it, yes the Download Manager Is enabled

Thanks

Hi android 87, Welcome to android forums. Many members have recently been having the same issues with the Google Playstore. What has worked for me and others is to, go to settings > applications > manage > all, scroll down to Google playstore, clear cache, clear data, force stop, uninstall updates. Now reboot your phone, go to the playstore, you should now be able to download apps again. ;)

Let us know if it works for you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the info. I tried that but the problem still persists. Is there anything else I can do to solve this issue?

Thanks

Have you tried clearing out all your cache files? Cache files can become quite large taking up precious space. Clear your browser cache as well as all your apps.

If your phone is still under warranty, i would take it back and let them know what it's doing, maybe get a replacement.

As a last resort, backup everything to a computer and do a factory reset, doing a factory reset will wipe your phone clean like the day you bought it, so you will lose anything that's not backed up.

That thing with the old date, where are you seeing this? I have never come across anything like that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones