• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Q device designed and built in USA

I cannot recall ever basing a buying decision either entirely or partly on where a product is made. It doesn't matter much to me where the product is made. What I care about is whether or not it suits my needs and works to my satisfaction.

It's an interesting article. Google seems to have found some advantages for making this particular product in the US instead of China. It remains to be seen if this will work for the long term. Google did say that this is an "experiment," so even they are not entirely convinced that this is the absolute best decision. I do wish them the best. If the US companies can find other advantages, I would hope that this will lead to better products for consumers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones