• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Google Services?!

Hunter5

Android Enthusiast
Oct 3, 2012
Orlando, FL
Well I'm rooted and running 5.0, Google Services updated overnight and now it appears that I'm getting extremely poor battery life. Everything was running so smooth before last night, incredible battery life, etc. Now today after full charge, I unplugged and went to work, never turned screen on until 1 1/2 hours later when I received a text from the wife and noticed my battery icon had gone down so I checked battery and it was down to 87% this was with zero SOT. WiFi & locations off, Google Accts off, only data on as normal. Phone shows Google Services as the only thing consuming battery. Any ideas or thoughts? Oh battery chart said phone would dead in 8hrs where in the past in would say "in days." Definitely not normal from before when I first updated to 5.0. Very frustrating!! :eek:

Try clearing the cache and data for the Fit app, or disabling it all together. Also try clearing out your app history and rebooting your Nexus 5, and/or seeing what all you have set to sync automatically, such as cloud/Drive backups, etc.

Uninstalled all those with TB days ago. Booted into recovery, wiped cache and it seems better, have gone almost 3hrs and I'm at 98% however now when I go into battery it states "Battery data usage unavailable" and shows nothing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones