• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google TV UK launch

daviddakota

Jan 20, 2010
I'm pretty hyped for Google Tv, can't wait to get my grubby little mitts on one! Living in the UK though, I'm struggling with finding any hint of a launch. I'm pretty sure that the major networks like BBC - who'd prbably have an ethical reason not to block Google TV - and ITV, Channel 4 and Five wouldn't block the service, so free content would be in plentiful supply, but with the lack of Amazon VOD, paid premium content may be in short supply... any gossip to confirm my views?

Also, a launch seems so far away... any rumours on a UK launch?

Looking at some videos, it seems that when selecting a search result
it takes you to the page, and not straight into the video feed - is this right?

Lastly, where you have apps like Amazon VOD does their content show in your search results from the main search banner?

I have heard summer of 2011 for a date but that may be a rumor. As far as your other questions though yes for some things it will take you to a landing page about your search and give you options from there where you could watch it from. About Amazon VOD that is on the main search you can control whether or not it searches Amazon VOD, I have it turned on and use Amazon VOD quite a bit myself. Selecting it there takes you to the Amazon page to make your purchase.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones