• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Voice Annoyance

QuesoGrande

Nov 6, 2009
Hi,
First thing's first... why am I posting a GV question in the EVO forum? Because I don't know if this 'problem' is a GV thing or an EVO+Sense thing. So here goes...

My GV account is set up with call filtering. That is where, when you answer the phone, an automated voice tells you who is calling and asks if you want to send to voicemail or answer, etc.
It does this for every call. The annoying part is..

- The phone rings
- I say "hello" (because I always forget)
- It says "so & so is calling, dial 1 to pick up or 2 to send to voicemal"
- Then I have to find and hit the keyboard button on the screen before I can hit #1 or #2

I know it sounds minor, but it's kind of aggravating to have to manually pop up the keypad for every call. Anyone know of a setting to pop up the number pad automatically when receiving a call?

Thanks

Hi,
First thing's first... why am I posting a GV question in the EVO forum? Because I don't know if this 'problem' is a GV thing or an EVO+Sense thing. So here goes...

My GV account is set up with call filtering. That is where, when you answer the phone, an automated voice tells you who is calling and asks if you want to send to voicemail or answer, etc.

- The phone rings
- Then I have to find and hit the keyboard button on the screen before I can hit #1 or #2

I know it sounds minor, but it's kind of aggravating to have to manually pop up the keypad for every call. Anyone know of a setting to pop up the number pad automatically when receiving a call?

Thanks

Don't think there's a setting for that. But then again, your problem seems like something you'll get over in a few days.

Upvote 0
Hi,

- The phone rings

Thanks

This is a Google Voice setting. Log into your Google Voice account on your computer, so to settings, go to calls, and turn off call screening. Then when you answer it will just connect rather than asking you to press 1 or 2.

Upvote 0
This is a Google Voice setting. Log into your Google Voice account on your computer, so to settings, go to calls, and turn off call screening. Then when you answer it will just connect rather than asking you to press 1 or 2.

No, he WANTS to leave call screening on. What he doesnt like is having to hit a button on the Evo to pull up the on-screen keypad everytime. At least that's what my english comprehension skills tell me.

Reactions: QuesoGrande
Upvote 0
No, he WANTS to leave call screening on. What he doesnt like is having to hit a button on the Evo to pull up the on-screen keypad everytime. At least that's what my english comprehension skills tell me.

Oh. Right. Yeah I've been up way too long to be reading. Sounds to me like you just need to get used to it then OP. AFAIK there's not a way yet to have the keyboard automatically pop-up. I'd love to know if there is though because to me it seems easier to have it there.

Reactions: QuesoGrande
Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah, I wanted to keep call screening on and was hoping there was a way to just pop up the number pad automatically when I answer a call.
I just noticed in GV settings under the "Groups" tab there is a way to turn off call screening for certain groups. I think what I'll try, is leaving call screening on, then just turn it off for a core set of contacts. That should eliminate about 90% of the screened calls.
Just had a "duh" moment ;-)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones