• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Voice on Incredible

SFBayArea

Android Enthusiast
May 4, 2010
Guys, I just got google voice and have few questinons.

1. I installed google voice on Incredible, went through initial set up, but can't change anything now, as I cannot find the application on the phone anymore :thinking:? When I go to market place and type google voice it tells me that I have it installed, but like I said I cannot find it in the applications on the phone.

2. How can I dial through google voice from time to time without having google voice on the device asking question if I want to use GVoice every-time I dial?

3. Now that I added the cellphone to the GVoice my phone not showing me if I have a VM? I mean it can still send me trancribed text of the voice mail and email it to my gmail, but I don't see it in the message section of the Incredible.

Thanks.

Guys, I just got google voice and have few questinons.

1. I installed google voice on Incredible, went through initial set up, but can't change anything now, as I cannot find the application on the phone anymore :thinking:? When I go to market place and type google voice it tells me that I have it installed, but like I said I cannot find it in the applications on the phone.

The app is titled "Voice". That throws people for a loop sometimes. Repost if that's not what's happening here.

2. How can I dial through google voice from time to time without having google voice on the device asking question if I want to use GVoice every-time I dial?

I don't know of a better way to do it if you're going to be random about it...Never use GV, always, or prompt are the options I'm aware of.

3. Now that I added the cellphone to the GVoice my phone not showing me if I have a VM? I mean it can still send me trancribed text of the voice mail and email it to my gmail, but I don't see it in the message section of the Incredible.

The VM's for GV only show up in the GV app, not in the native messaging app. I think once you get question #1 hammered out, you'll have this one nailed also.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
I have a Google Voice on DInc question as well.

I use two Google accounts. I would like to use my main account for Gmail, and my secondary one for Google Voice. This will allow me to use Google Voice as my work mobile number, which thus allows me to have a work mobile without carrying a second phone. Will this work? Will Gmail hold the login info for my main account and Voice hold my login for the secondary account? Or will I constantly be logging out and back in?

Tia,

Crap out...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones