• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Wave and or Voice Invite

something that i suspect some may not have thought about re google voice

given google's propensity for info mining, when i set up my google voice acct, i had no idea it would automatically take over my Tmobile voice mail acct - now all voice mail msgs go to google's voice mail & not Tmo's

one nice aspect, when someone leaves me an email, as soon as they have, google emails me a text transcript of the voice mail and the text transcription is surprisingly accurate - and that is a nice feature as I can read a text version of a voice msg much faster than listen to voice mail msg (time to call in, and then having to invariably listen to 60 + seconds of unnecessary chatter before the caller gets to the point of the voice msg)

now for the negative - i have no doubt google is transcribing to text my google voice calls to farm for info. As i only got it for the free calls to canada, and they're to friends and we're not discussing national security items, i don't mind, but i do try to remember i'm talking on a phone line that might as well be an electronic postcard

just for background

Upvote 0
I would love one. I know I'm a newbie but I would definitely pass on my invites to others on this thread ! Thanks djam418@gmail.com

send one over!!! Wakerider318@gmail.com

would be much appreciated been trying to get one for ages!

Sent out all my Wave invites to these e-mails:
osubuxx@gmail.com
tleaves52@gmail.com
jkyken9@gmail.com
richardlansing@gmail.com
schaefer.grant@gmail.com
srkelly83@gmaill.com
ruddogg@gmail.com
mwiney@gmail.com

Only had 8, sorry. Ask/PM those people for Wave invites.

Anyone have an extra Voice invite?

Spread the LOVE people, three or four of you got Voice invites in this thread!

Like always I promise to give out all my invites to people in this thread, if I get one!

Upvote 0
Pips - I just sent you a Wave invite. It says:

Invite others to Google Wave

Google Wave is more fun when you have others to wave with, so please nominate people you would like to add. Keep in mind that this is a preview so it could be a bit rocky at times.

Invitations will not be sent immediately. We have a lot of stamps to lick.

Happy waving!

2 4 Invitations left

Enter an email address

Add to invitation list

People you've nominated:
  • heath.piper@gmail.com

Tags:

Invite others to Google Wave

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones