Gorilla glass??

1. acithium

acithium Active Member

I noticed that the Samsung Galaxy S has gorilla glass, but I can't find anywhere that the nexus S has it. Does anybody have and insight on this?
    Also, I keep seeing that the Nexus one scores higher than the Samsung galaxy S when benchmarking with linpack. Why would Google base their next flagship on one that's "inferior" to their last one? I was waiting for this phone, but now I'm thinking of getting a nexus one since it 'seems' to out perform the Nexus S. I'm confused..
    Acithium

Advertisement
  2. happy0506

happy0506 Well-Known Member

3. shrivelfig

shrivelfig Well-Known Member

I don't think it's the hardware. It's well known that Samsung makes crappy drivers. And I can well believe that software made by Google performs better on Google-branded hardware.
  4. acithium

acithium Active Member

Ha, You don't have to tell me that. I own a Samsung I7500 which has to be THE worst android phone ever. I swore off Samsung after I bought this one, but if Google is going to back it, then I guess I can give them another try.

FYI, I read the review of the Nexus S over at techcrunch and they seemed REALLY impressed.
  5. trav2001

trav2001 Well-Known Member

After Samsungs HUGE mistake with the BH2 i completely swore off Samsung. So thats why i went to the HTC MyTouch series...much more solid phone...
  6. clutchy

clutchy Well-Known Member

the hummer is a better processor.

the nexus will will scream. My nexus one is fast but i'm under no illusions that it's even close to the nexus s.

It mostly has to do w/ the graphics though. Raw power may be similar. I'm pretty sure my nexus one doesn't have a dedicated gaming processor whereas the hummer has it built in.

it's better in every way. and i love my nexus one.
  7. snuphiluphigus

snuphiluphigus Active Member

Answer to original question, no the Nexus S does not have gorilla glass so be careful! I would highly recommend Zagg Invisible Shield or at the least some type of protective case.