• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Got a 16GB Class 4 today

I am not buying one, yet, but if I could have a decent sized one, I could just about put my old 30gb ipod on it eh. For me, it is the comp shopping more, if I find a great deal, I'll probably buy one, but I don't need one and to answer your question, no I am not up out and buying one. I remember when like 2gb of flash anything was like $80. That was at least 2004 when I had a Sony Cybershot and the biggest card I ever got for the 3mp camera was 256MB. It'd be nice to see microSDHC come down to the price of the current SDHC cards. The one in my Cannon now I got at Best Buy for $20 1 1/2 years ago. A 4GB SDHC class 4 card. I guess a 8GB microSDHC for $20 is fair enough now as well as the $40 for the 16GB. Wish prices would drop just a tid bit faster :)

Upvote 0
I dont feel i need a class 6. If i saw one that was near the same price i would. The class speed rating is for write speed anyways. If it were near the same price perhaps but i was almost fine with a class 2 and figured class 4 was more than adequate. This one just happened to be on sale so i went and got it.

Here is a class 6 for about $52. It's out of stock now but due to ship 8/20. I'm still deciding whether or not I need a class 6 vs 4.

Newegg.com - RiDATA Lightning Series 16GB Micro SDHC (MicroSD) Flash Card w/2 Adapters (SD/Mini SD/Mini SDHC) Model RDMICSDHC16G-LIG-2

Upvote 0
Actually you don't wish for fry's, trust me. A majority of the stuff they sell are returns put back on the shelf. There is nobody ever around to help you. They sell cheap cheap china generic junk that you can purchase off ebay, but they have a crazy high markup margin. Same exact laptop power cable is 29.99 at frys, while its 9.95 with free shipping on ebay.
I mean its not totally horrible, it was really popular in the 1990's, but I just try to avoid that store now. With all the great deals from companies like amazon, newegg, and free shipping with orders of 25 or above, it is not worth it.

I also don't like how they insist on checking your receipt when you leave the door. yes yes yes I know, i'm not stupid, its about preventing loss, keeping prices down, etc etc. However, If there is a long line to exit, I just avoid it and keep walking. Legally they can't force me to show them any receipt. Only stores that can, are membership stores like Costco, since you basically signed a contract with them.

^^ Oh boy ... :rolleyes: :thinking:
ry%3D400

VegasTouch said:
I dont feel i need a class 6. If i saw one that was near the same price i would. The class speed rating is for write speed anyways. If it were near the same price perhaps but i was almost fine with a class 2 and figured class 4 was more than adequate. This one just happened to be on sale so i went and got it.
Mine & my wife's phones are running out of memory capacity. From what I read, for our needs, watching video, music, picture gallery ... class 4 is more than adequate. Can you verify this before I make the purchase? Thanks.

Upvote 0
Actually you don't wish for fry's, trust me. A majority of the stuff they sell are returns put back on the shelf. There is nobody ever around to help you. They sell cheap cheap china generic junk that you can purchase off ebay, but they have a crazy high markup margin. Same exact laptop power cable is 29.99 at frys, while its 9.95 with free shipping on ebay.
I mean its not totally horrible, it was really popular in the 1990's, but I just try to avoid that store now. With all the great deals from companies like amazon, newegg, and free shipping with orders of 25 or above, it is not worth it.

I also don't like how they insist on checking your receipt when you leave the door. yes yes yes I know, i'm not stupid, its about preventing loss, keeping prices down, etc etc. However, If there is a long line to exit, I just avoid it and keep walking. Legally they can't force me to show them any receipt. Only stores that can, are membership stores like Costco, since you basically signed a contract with them.

That sounds like the Burbank store. Others are better, like Woodland Hills and even Anaheim. The Oxnard store is the nicest I've seen to date. You can find good deals if you know exactly what you're after and don't have to ask an employee for help. Even so, I use Newegg or Amazon. Amazon Prime rocks too!

Upvote 0

Actually their store security can detain you till you cough up the receipt or the Cops come, that is your call. I would find it highly embarrassing to be placed in handcuffs by Store Security for refusing not to show a Receipt.

Although Frys does have shit for customer service I do not find a huge difference in price between them and say Newegg, plus I will spend a little more to have it in my hand when I want it instead of waiting 3 days or more.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones