• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Got splashes of water on Phone and it stopped working.

Hello there, Yesterday I went to a beach and I got some splashes of water on my HTC Wildfire, its off since . When I press the power button red light blinks and when I put it on charging red light blinks continously. Please help me out as its my favourite phone..:(

Have you tried removing the cover, sim, battery, sd card and immersing (covering) the phone the components in rice?? Leave it for a good day, a similar incident happened to me, i left my phone in rice for about 30 hours

Upvote 0
My phone fell out of my pocket once and fell into a vat of water 1 metre deep. So after i retrieved it i took the battery out and shook all the excess water out and left it in the sun to dry right out for a few hours, then replaced the battery and put it on charge for overnight without turning it on. That was over a year ago and it still works fine. I've dropped quite a few phones into water and all of them except this one stopped working.

Upvote 0
My phone fell out of my pocket once and fell into a vat of water 1 metre deep. So after i retrieved it i took the battery out and shook all the excess water out and left it in the sun to dry right out for a few hours, then replaced the battery and put it on charge for overnight without turning it on. That was over a year ago and it still works fine. I've dropped quite a few phones into water and all of them except this one stopped working.

WHATT????
i cant believe that, wow your quite lucky :p
You dried it in the Sun aswell, what a risky move!!

It is working as it was before or did a problem occur?
Like me, the person on the other line during a call cant hear me talking unless i use a headset

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones