Got the vibrant, have a question.

Last Updated:

1. 1MoreMinute

1MoreMinute Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all, I just got the Vibrant and when connecting via USB to the computer, the drivers are not able to install. Does anyone know where I can find the drivers so I can use the PDA net app etc?

Thanks

Advertisement
    Robinelli likes this.
  2. psz

psz Well-Known Member

Robinelli and 1MoreMinute like this.
  3. 1MoreMinute

Thanks very much psz. Appreciate it.

4. Robinelli

Robinelli Well-Known Member

I would give you a MILLION THANKS psz, if I could!!!! I've been trying to figure this out for a while!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!

And thank you 1moreminute for asking the qst that resulted in the answer!!!!

1MoreMinute likes this.
  5. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

also if you are just trying to mount your phone, all you have to do is plug in the usb. pull down the notification bar, click usb, then click mount.

you dont need drivers to do that!

6. Robinelli

Last night I tethered for an hour or so using PDA net and suddenly it shut off and I got this message
    PDA net broadband driver is either not installed or need to reset, try to reboot your computer

I rebooted it and I am still getting the same message. I also get a PDA net msg saying "setting up broadband...." that never goes away.

What's up?

7. nmconsulting

nmconsulting New Member

I'm having the exact same issue, Vista home premium...

8. RWhittier

RWhittier Member

I have PdaNet on 2 computers. One of them did the same thing. I never did figure it out, but rebooting didn't fix it. I resolved it by uninstalling it from the PC and reinstalling. Now it works again. It was an XP Netbook, it hasn't happened on my Win 7 laptop (yet anyway). Good luck.

9. DroidDoesReveiws

DroidDoesReveiws Active Member

I think everyone should check out easy tether. I always used pdanet before I got this phone and I started getting the same problems you guys are having, so I tried easy tether and it works well.

10. Robinelli

I can't get it to install on my POS- I mean Vista- computer :(

11. 1MoreMinute

I got it to work on mine flawlessly, I'm not running windows 7 just XP, but it works perfect for me and this Vibrant seems faster than my Cliq did when I tethered.

So far I love this phone, awesome screen and hasn't missed a beat yet, I did a TON of reading on here about this phone, one min I was never getting it, than I was convinced, than never ever would I touch this phone and now hear it is in my hands!! What a roller coaster ride this was, being that this is only my 2nd android phone I was alil nervous, but happy with my decision so far.

Looking for cool apps if someone got some cool ones, I just wish I could listen to local radio stations on this phone.