• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gotta say, im jealous of you Moto owners (dInc owner here)

rsarno

Thank Me, Im Irish!
Jun 6, 2010
I had the moto for about 5 weeks, loved it. I found i did not use the keyboard even once, and was bothered by the weight so i upped to the dInc

Im jealous of the support you guys get from the community.

thats all, ill go back to my rarely updated, no attention getting, side of the tracks.

Good day :(

Basically they have created a new rom from source for the incredible. it is based on the sapphire rom they built for the droid. it is a very nice rom with lots of options. you will neet root to run it but its a great rom with a great development team.

It figures, i dont know wth a rom is, or what i would use it for, or who sapphire is lol

so does it change the phones UI? More so than just changing icons and backgrounds and stuff?

Id love to understand it all

Upvote 0
Whats ironic is that nobody is as geeky or techie as i am lol. Im a gadget freak, i work in mobile application architecture, and have been a developer in the past.

Yet i cant quite get my foot wet with this rooting stuff.

is there like a "rooting for noobs" guide? rofl

Upvote 0
Whats ironic is that nobody is as geeky or techie as i am lol. Im a gadget freak, i work in mobile application architecture, and have been a developer in the past.

top of the page, click on the "ALL THINGS ROOT" forum. Then look for the sticky at the top to the thread "a guide to all things root".

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I found the link, got through about 4 paragraphs, and start thinking im in way over my head lol

ahh, guess ill never learn this stuff

Not up to trade? :D. Be thankful for your speedy incredible, and that you don't have to go through all of this stuff to make your phone faster. And you have sense ui so you don't have to theme :p

Upvote 0

I remember when i felt that way. i thought it would be difficult to root and everything. but researching, android forums and learning from my mistakes made me pro.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones