• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GPRS settings

satan

Lurker
Jun 3, 2010
I have a Vodafone prepaid sim and live in bangalore.I got the sim recharged for rs 95 for the unlimited GPRS pack.The phone shows the "E" EDGE symbol but when i open the browser the pages dont load.PLS HELP!! :( :(
Please give me the APN settings which will work.

I sympathize with you. I was on Vodafone perpaid and I just gave up with getting EDGE to work on my i7500. Heck, I even spent a whole hour at there service center with one of there personnel twiddling with my phone - to no avail.

I still keep my Vodafone SIM around, in case they improve things. I really liked them. But, in the meantime, I've moved to Tata Docomo. It's not so difficult to setup EDGE on that.

The irony with Vodafone, is that when I had my E71, a message came over their network, with instructions on how to setup the GPRS, but nothing for the i7500.

Really wanting to go back to Vodafone,
chronodekar

EDIT:

I found this link please tell me if it worked for you,

http://www.google.co.in/support/forum/p/android/thread?tid=7e958f3441ec238a&hl=en

Upvote 0
@satan,

The settings for Vodafone APN Bangalore are as follows :

Apn: portalnmms
Proxy: 10.10.1.100
Port: 9401

Username: leave this field empty
Password: leave this field empty
Server: leave this field empty
MMSC: leave this field empty
MMS proxy: leave this field empty
MMS port: leave this field empty

MMC: 404
MNC: 86

APN type: default
Authentification type: Normal(PAP)

Hope the above settings help !! these are the settings i use on my mobile.
Note: I have this weird problem of being able to access EDGE only using the default browser.

@chronodekar

Try the settings mentioned above. Ur VODAFONE GPRS may just work :p

Reactions: chronodekar
Upvote 0
hi guys,
I tried speaking to vodafone ppl..to my surprise they told me that "Android Phones do not support GPRS."
I tried changing the settings as per the details available here however now i'm getting "E" on the bar on top but unable to browse..
Seems it's not working..I'm in gurgaon hence I used MNC as 46 (default).
Please assist me...
Also does this option give you puch mail ?

Upvote 0
"Android phones do not support GPRS ?!?!"

What a load of bull from Vodafone. I used it from Kerala (after a LOT of hassle). Though, I moved back to Docomo. Vodafone blocks use of the android market and any non-HTTP requests. So, I dumped them.

soni.jd, I really wish I could help you. :(

-chronodekar

Upvote 0
Guys,
Atlast after a lot of searching,..hit and try..got GPRS working on my galaxy3...speed is decent..but only works on the android browser..not on opera..and also android market,youtube,gps and maps do not work...cant figure out y....
every time i need to chek my email have to go through a loooooong process...

Upvote 0
Guys,
Atlast after a lot of searching,..hit and try..got GPRS working on my galaxy3...speed is decent..but only works on the android browser..not on opera..and also android market,youtube,gps and maps do not work...cant figure out y....
every time i need to chek my email have to go through a loooooong process...

Sounds like your carrier is blocking non-HTTP requests. Apart from bitching to them, nothing much to do about it... :(

I switched to Tata Docomo over this issue.

-chronodekar

Upvote 0
I too had the same problem. After spending hours with customer care I wrote the office. They too confirmed that Vodafone Live does not support Android phones. After another mail, One Mr.Ajit contacted me. Here is what I did.

Delete all existing connection.
Create a new APN : Name it "v"
APN: www

That's it. It immediately shows "E" Symbol on top and start browsing.

NO restart. As simple as that. Now I am browsing and it is really fast.

Hope it helps.

Upvote 0
I too had the same problem. After spending hours with customer care I wrote the office. They too confirmed that Vodafone Live does not support Android phones. After another mail, One Mr.Ajit contacted me. Here is what I did.

Delete all existing connection.
Create a new APN : Name it "v"
APN: www

That's it. It immediately shows "E" Symbol on top and start browsing.

NO restart. As simple as that. Now I am browsing and it is really fast.

Hope it helps.
Hi Dapatab,

Your post is ENCOURAGING...would yo be able to share the entire content of the mail...or the exact GPRS settings from your phone..i've tried your settings...without any sucess though.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones