• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GPS icon stuck on taskbar using Movies by Flixster

akkidy

Oct 24, 2009
Does anyone have any problem with the GPS icon getting stuck on the taskbar when using the application Movies by Flixster? Everytime I open the application, the GPS icon pops up on the taskbar and stays there long after I have closed the application. I even use taskpanel x to check and make sure that the application is already closed, yet the GPS icon stays. I have my GPS on all the time. I even tried to turn off GPS but the icon still is stucked after the GPS was set off. It only disappears after I rebooted the phone. After a few testing, I found out that an application called Express News uses the GPS upon launching and then stops after it displays the content. I can see the GPS icon showing up momentarily when launching Express News, then the icon disappears after the news is displayed. So I used this application to kill the GPS icon everytime it is stucked on the taskbar after I used Movies by Flixster. I really like this application, it is unfortunate that I encounter this problem.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones