• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Great idea for a stealth game; but I have no code skill :(

Okay, so, to start off, I just want to say that this is purely just an idea. I would appreciate it if someone would take up development, but I'm not gonna beg or plead for it. And it is subject to change.
Now, I know that the Play Store has very few titles in the stealth genre, and I figured we need a game to kick start stealth on Google. I'm not talking about a base-building game about spies (*kof kof*spywars*kof kof*) but I mean a real, Metal Gear style solo infiltration game. One with a great story, fun, challenging gameplay, and simple enough input to make it easy to pick up.
If this idea doesn't already sound interesting, the rest won't be any better.
The game would look and feel alot like Metal Gear Ghost Babel, AKA Metal Gear Solid on Gameboy Color, and would have a similar art style and gameplay. Of course, I'm not gonna copy it or anything, but the way MGS on the GBC was set up, it would be perfect for mobile.
Anyways, the gameplay would consist of you controlling a single person, and infiltrating a fortress of some sort. You would have to avoid guards, steal weapons, hide when you were spotted, and eliminate your foes quietly. There would occasional boss fights, or escape or action sequences, puzzle sequences, and, of course, all stealth sequences. The actual gameplay may change if we need it to, or things could be added to make it more... "mobile-y"
The plot: well, I have many ideas, but the most prominant ones are serious toned. The one I like the most personally is as follows:
You are pitted as a new agent in the organisation known as "Hard Water" (As in wetworks, hahaha; the name can change) the agent's name is never revealed, but his codename is "Twelve" (again, subject to change) and the first part of the game is his final training mission, mostly just for tutorial sake. After going through the tutorial, he is given his first real mission. His job is to make contact with a scientist (who he works for, where he comes from, etc. Is all up for debate) who is trying to expose whoever he is working for. Twelve is then dropped into a jungle near the area the scientist is being held in, and must make his way to the compound where the scientist is waiting for him. Upon meeting Twelve, the scientist gives him a (tape, CD, DVD, flashdrive, holo-disc?) And tells twelve to make sure it gets back with him. Guards suddenly burst into the room, and kill the scientist. Twelve barely escapes, and calls for an evac.
A week later, he is given his second mission: to infiltrate (whatever or whoever the scientist was working for) and get evidence of whats going on there. Twelve is never told what that (again, tape, DVD, Flash drive?) Contained, but is assured that it is important he uncovers it. He is dropped back into the same area as before, but this time with a new objective. He travels through the jungle, around the complex the scientist had been in, and eventually makes it to the (base, fortress, lab, etc.) Upon infiltrating the (I'm gonna stick with base for now.) Upon infiltrating the base, Twelve is contacted by double agent, who informs him that his mission is not what he thinks it is. Twelve shrugs it off, and asks the agent for help. The agent tells him his radio frequency (yes, I do want a codec-like system in this game) and then informs him of the commando mercs who guards the base (okay, the names of these fellows can change, but I want their characters to remain the same) the first one Twelve must fight is Apollo, the deadliest sniper in the world (boss fight would be simple, avoid his laser sight and mines, and make it to him. Or, track him down in a huge area, like The End from MGS3.) Then twelve would have to fight Banshee, the greatest pilot/driver known to man (boss fight would be more challenging; either tank or helicopter showdown) then he would have to defeat Saint, a mixed martial art, pugilist fighter. (Hand-to-hand combat for this one, or you have to keep your distance while shooting him) then, finally, he would have to fight the toughest of them all, Sioux (as in the native american tribe) Sioux, a war vet with more than 500 kills on record. He is a master of infiltration.(Boss fight would be stealth versus stealth, if he isn't in front of your character, or attacking, he's invisible.) Then, Twelve would discover the truth behind his mission; Zombies. The base he was sneaking into held a zombie virus. He knew then that he needed to destroy it. He sneaks to where the virus is being kept, but is attacked by zombified versions of the people he killed (a good reason to avoid killing guards) and must fight them off to complete his mission. (If there are too many, make a way to get rid of a bunch of them. Don't want 300 zombies, since they need to be really tough, like a boss fight.) After rekilling the last of the zombies, Twelve plants an explosive on the tanks of the virus, and is about to walk out of the base when the double agent confronts him. The agent tells twelve to disarm the bomb. Now, here, you have two choices: disarm the bomb, or kill the agent and get away. Should you decide to disarm the bomb, your mission commander goes nuts, and tells you not to do it. Should you choose to kill the agent and proceed, the agent gets a shot in on your leg, crippling your character. You limp out, and detonate the bomb. Twelve gets a call from his commander, commending him for his loyalty and service, but tells him that he should have listened to the double agent, because those canisters weren't the zombie virus; they were the vaccine. Twelve's commander reveals that the entire operation was set up so that the government would have no way of stopping the zombies Hard Water (the company Twelve worked for) was going to unleash. The game ends with Twelve bleeding out, and coming back as a zombie.
Now, should you choose the "good ending", you disarm the bomb, and the double agent reveals that the canisters were the zombie vaccine, and that Twelve was set up. The game ends in a cliffhanger, leaving room for a sequel or extra content. (Perhaps we could end it)
Anyways, PM me if your interested in producing this.
Thanks for the time taken to read this. We can flesh out more details and gameplay later.
See ya!

Yeah, but the plot can be rewritten; I just want a quality stealth game for android. The gameplay can be like MGS on the GameBoy Color, or 32 bit like the original Metal Gear Solid, as it has been proven that it works on most mobile devices. I can write a completely new plot, I just want a fun game with a good story.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones