• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Greater Cincinnati Coverage

kkaiser48

Jan 20, 2010
Hi. I am looking into changing carriers. I currently have a local one. How is Sprint's coverage in the greater Cincinnati area? I don't travel very often (mostly on vacation to Cumberland or to the Outer Banks) so I am most concerned with how the coverage is here in town and the outer lying areas. Thanks for any info you can give me. Also, which android phone do you have and what are the best parts of it?

I live in cincinnati and have sprint. I've never had an issue with coverage except inside my office (sprint sent me a airave for free though). Driving around, I've never had an issue. I am on the road for work and talk for entire trips around 275, up 71 or 75, downtown, and all over the suburbs. You should be good with sprint - great coverage in cincinnati.

It sounds like you have cincinnati bell. I have had CB, Sprint, Tmo, and verizon. CB, Sprint, and VZ are all about equal. tmobile is lacking a bit in cincinnati.

Upvote 0
I am a semi driver, haven't been to Cincy in a while but I never had an issue with coverage. I have the Hero and love it, best phone that I have owned. There is a pretty good number of applications for this phone, and the Samsung Moment. One has a slide out keyboard and one is all touch. I like the Sense user interface that the Hero has. Go to Sprint and play with both of them and see which one suits your needs best.

Upvote 0
I live between cincy and dayton and have been with Sprint for years with no problems. I find it hard to believe that anyone could be with any other carrier with Sprint having the lowest price plans for all that is offered. Cheapest plans hands down. unlimited any mobile is awesome. No other carrier has anything close to this.

Upvote 0
I live between cincy and dayton and have been with Sprint for years with no problems. I find it hard to believe that anyone could be with any other carrier with Sprint having the lowest price plans for all that is offered. Cheapest plans hands down. unlimited any mobile is awesome. No other carrier has anything close to this.

I have switched carriers a few times and always come back to sprint. I'm with you, I don't know how anyone could be with any other carrier. Sprint is sooo much cheaper than VZW or ATT and has way better coverage than Tmobile. I keep recommending for people I know to switch and they always say the same thing "doesn't sprint have shitty coverage?" I always ask them if they ever have a hard time hearing me or reaching me when needed. I also mention that we roam on verizon...which most people dont seem to know. People are finally starting to get the point.

I really don't want sprint to go under, but I see it happening in at least a couple of years. I'll ride the cheap wave until then, but I am scared to see what verizon and att do when there isn't another major competitor forcing them to have prices at least somewhere close to what we pay.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones