• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Greetings

Greetings to one and all. I rarely join in these forum communities as they seem to breed too much animosity and no one has anything positive to contribute. In hopes that this forum may be different, I am stepping forward and saying hello.

For the past three years I have remained out of the smart phone realm outside of a brief and unhappy experience with a Blackberry through AT&T. I have never had the urge to join the iPhone revolution, and remain blissfully free of the urge to return to it's home network. When it became obvious that I was going to have to bite the bullet I headed for the local Sprint store to have a look. To say that I fell for the Hero at first sight might be going a bit far but it wouldn't be out of line to say I was intrigued enough to take it home.

I am very happy with this phone. My home and business communications are with me 24/7 and I can keep my music with me for those times that I need a breather. I have been running the ROM upgrade since day one so I have no way to compare my experience with those who went through the early version, but I am in no hurry to abandon ship as I am quite content with what I have and too old to clamor after new technology. (I let the terminally unhappy debug it for me first) ;)

Thanks for listening,

krouac

Welcome aboard!

It appears as though you have the SPRINT Hero and not the GSM Hero (with the chin), correct? I guess just wanted to make sure you knew that they are two different phones and have two different forums.

I also have the Sprint Hero. If you have any questions, be sure to let us know!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones