• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Group messaging????

Just fired up the stock messaging app on mine, and it seemed to group just fine. I just type in the first name, select it from the list, type the next, etc. After the second one, a pop up came up to tell me that I was about to enter group messaging. I sent it to my phone, my other, and a few family members. All rec'd as normal. Then, when replying, at the top I can click on the list of people, and it comes up with a list I can edit from there. Or, in the bottom when replying, it shows "Send to all" instead of just Send. Just make sure "Group Conversation" is selected at the top. I'm also on the Verizon version, don't know if that matters with the stock messaging app or not. (I normally use GoSMS btw, but figured I'd test it with stock for this)

Upvote 0
I had a pop up in Textra That asked me if I wanted to enable mms and that it would help with receiving messages from IPhone users. Ever since then, I've gotten group messages on the stock app. I like the customization of Textra, but it doesn't display or read out messages on Lincoln's Sync system like the stock app does. I still haven't found anything that will allow you to voice text, which is unfortunate since the Nokia 920 and WP8 (considered inferior by many) allowed this...it's also safer for everyone else when I don't have to text and drive :D
**UPDATE**
So I deleted Textra, and group messaging went away in the stock app. You can send a message to multiple recipients at once, but when they reply, the messages are received individually. Hopefully an update of some sort will address this since it's a basic feature.

Upvote 0
Yes, I verified with a couple of friends at BDubs today during the games. One guy had an IPhone and the other a GS3. I received their messages separately after deleting Textra. Maybe it's a carrier issue (att) with this particular phone. Seems like the OP and are having the same issue. I liked textra , but it doesn't work with Ford sync.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones