• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Group SMS sending failed in Samsung galaxy i5801

Hi Everyone

I am Muthu from India. The first thing I wanted and tried on my newly bought Samsung galaxy GT i5801 is group messaging. I can't send group messages (SMS to many contacts) . Only message to first contact in the group list gets succeeded. For all remaining contacts, it is getting failed with "Message not sent!". It's annoying.

*I checked with my service provider (AirTel Tamilnadu) and found no issues their side.
*I tried other applications like handcent_sms, the same issue persists there also.

Could anyone help me to get rid of this problem?

Make & Model: Samsung galaxy GT i5801 aka Galaxy Apollo
Android OS: 2.1 Eclair

Thanks,
Muthu

i do have the same issue .....(network airtel)
havent checked wid other networks....
the message sending is a whole crap in this phone....
u cant send group sms...u cant even send messages continuosly, u have to wait for a bit after the delivery of the first msg......
in th phone info (*#*#4636#*#*) i found out dat the message waiting option is not activated..
may be it has to do smnthng wid dis prob.....
someone..pls solve this issue....thanks a lottt...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones