• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GS5 construction

speedlever

Android Enthusiast
Jun 17, 2012
North Carolina
Yahoo!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I like and prefer the quality plastic construction of the GS4 vs the metal construction of the iPhone 5 and HTC1. I think the trade press is nuts for making a big deal of the "superior" construction of the metal phones over the plastic of the Galaxy series.

So I am not sure what to think about the next generation in the GS series going to metal.

It may be no big deal. OTOH, could it mean the end of replaceable batteries and SD cards? If so, that would be a huge negative for me.

Hey! There may be good news about this after all!

Samsung fans likely stuck with a plastic Galaxy S5 after all

But I hate their characterization that fans will be "stuck" with plastic. I think that's a huge plus!

This is a huge disappointment for me! The feel of the HTC One is really nice. I might have to skip the S5 and wait for the Note 4. But I also heard another rumor about a possible Galaxy F series which could have a metal frame. I guess will have to wait and see.

Rumor: Move over Galaxy S, Samsung to launch Galaxy F series of premium devices | Android and Me

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones