• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GT540 doesn't recognize MicroSD

deadbard

Lurker
Jul 23, 2012
First off, I'm sorry, I know there are already other topics about the issue but they're outdated and not helpful in my case.

Secondly, I recently got a used GT540 and for some reason the SD card doesn't get detected, I had a normal 2.1 Android firmware (is that what it's called? Idk) and I kept getting the "SD card has been removed" message.
After trying everything else that was suggested I decided to try to follow the suggestion of yet another guy and get a 2.3.7 SwiftDroid and after struggling for hours I managed to install it (damn it was hard getting all the working download links for the process).

Well now I don't get the message anymore but the phone still doesn't detect the SD card, and considering that the last time someone posted about the issue was some time ago I thought that maybe someone came up with a new fix which I could try, any suggestions?

TL;DR: LG GT540 doesn't read the SD card even after I updated to 2.3.7

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones