• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

GTA III for Nexus S

If the Market says it's not supported on you device, there's no way how to buy it (OK, you can buy it from supported device, extract the apk and transfer it to your phone, but this is really stupid way and this way also probably needs rooted phone). Otherwise you have to wait for Rockstar to release it officialy for Nexus S, or google the apk (which is the not legal, but it's the easiest way for now).

Upvote 0
If the Market says it's not supported on you device, there's no way how to buy it (OK, you can buy it from supported device, extract the apk and transfer it to your phone, but this is really stupid way and this way also probably needs rooted phone). Otherwise you have to wait for Rockstar to release it officialy for Nexus S, or google the apk (which is the not legal, but it's the easiest way for now).

I was really hoping to avoid that way. Hopefully Rockstar will provide the Nexus S users with a version. I've heard from fellow Nexus S users that the game works fine and doesn't even lag.

Say I could get the APK by buying it on a friends phone and transferring it, what about the SD data? I can't download it because of ISP limits. I could probably get it elsewhere though, but I have to wonder, is downloading just the SD data legal?

Upvote 0
"Grand Theft Auto III 10 Year Anniversary Edition is now available on:
• Android Phones: Galaxy Nexus, HTC Rezound, LG Optimus 2x, Motorola Atrix 4G, Motorola Droid X2, Motorola Droid Bionic, Motorola Photon 4G, Samsung Galaxy R, Samsung Galaxy S2, Sony Ericsson Xperia Play, T-Mobile G2x
• Android Tablets: Acer Iconia, Asus Eee Pad Transformer, Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime, Dell Streak 7, LG Optimus Pad, Medion Lifetab, Motorola Xoom, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 and 10.1, Sony Tablet S, Toshiba Thrive"

I've played GTA III on my Nexus S ,and it's sluggish ... i can only play it on low res ,we'll have to wait for a low req. version for us :(

Upvote 0
Finally got this working. I put the SD files inside the folder labelled 'Data'. I have absolutely no lagg at all, however I have no sound! Any idea why guys?
I'd try it myself but like I said, I'll be buying it when I get the chance and download the SD data elsewhere (downloading on my phone on my network doesn't work too well for large file sizes).

EDIT: Incase the quote above doesn't work, try this:

1.start the app
2.accept the license agreement
3.It will ask to download data, press the "back button" once.
4.Now press "home button".
5.And start the game again using notification icon or shortcut icon

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones