• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Guide] Change notification/clock/pull down text colors

Metamorph for just the icons.

I just want to say thank you so much. I just had to rename the rom name to the rom name Im using and the milrtime83icons.thm file and it worked. So Thank you so much.

new.jpg

Upvote 0
I haven't done anything at all with fonts but you should be able to.

Skaggz has a way to change it with Metamorph:
http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/50114-fonts-change-your-fonts-using-metamorph.html

And farther down in that thread he has a basic outline of what you would need to do it manually.
* Yes, you can take any .ttf you'd like.
* Make a copy of it, so that you have two.
* Name one of them 'DroidSans' and the other one 'DroidSans-Bold'
* Push them into /system/fonts on your phone, overwriting the current .ttf files by the same name.

Upvote 0
awesome, I really like a font in Ubuntu, bitstream charter, I think I can pull the ttf out of the system files, But I guess I will have to rename them, I assume this is all the same if I am running BB ESE53 V0.8?

I am having an enormous amount of trouble running adb in Ubuntu 9.10. I think I finally have it all installed and added to $PATH but when I run it, it runs and then I get a command prompt, and when I try to use one of the prompts listed by the adb utility It says command not found. All i want to do is make all of my notifications and such cyan and push over a new font...

Upvote 0
I was trying to do this because after downloading the Smokedglass theme I am tired of seeing a black on black text in the notification bar, but these steps:
6 - make a folder called framework and move services.jar into that folder
7 - create a zip file of the framework folder and call it theme.zip
Don't seem to work. Well step 6 I mean. I don't have a services.jar file. Explain? Please and thanks.

EDIT: Oh Services.Jar is a file thats not located within Colorframes its within the tools folder ok.

Upvote 0
I was trying to do this because after downloading the Smokedglass theme I am tired of seeing a black on black text in the notification bar, but these steps:
6 - make a folder called framework and move services.jar into that folder
7 - create a zip file of the framework folder and call it theme.zip
Don't seem to work. Well step 6 I mean. I don't have a services.jar file. Explain? Please and thanks.

EDIT: Oh Services.Jar is a file thats not located within Colorframes its within the tools folder ok.

Yep, it is one of the files you pulled off the phone in step 3.

Upvote 0
awesome, I really like a font in Ubuntu, bitstream charter, I think I can pull the ttf out of the system files, But I guess I will have to rename them, I assume this is all the same if I am running BB ESE53 V0.8?

I am having an enormous amount of trouble running adb in Ubuntu 9.10. I think I finally have it all installed and added to $PATH but when I run it, it runs and then I get a command prompt, and when I try to use one of the prompts listed by the adb utility It says command not found. All i want to do is make all of my notifications and such cyan and push over a new font...

If it is like windows you should open the command prompt seperately from running adb.

Also, you should be able to navigate to the adb directory in the command prompt and then run the commands without adding the path (again, if it is like windows.)

Upvote 0
I normally would not ask this question, but.... - are you using Ubuntu in a VM and trying to access a Windows version of the Android SDK in Ubuntu, or did you install the *nix version of the SDK in Ubuntu?

EDIT: Added the following

BTW, milrtime, I referenced and linked your post in a CM thread dealing with the same thing....

Changing Colors - CyanogenMod Forum

Upvote 0
I have successfully followed this guide to change my notification panel. However not everything is changed and was wondering if anyone knows how to fix the following issues after changes all options to white in services.jar and the 3 xml files described in the OP:

Ongoing downloads text is still black
When music is played, the notification text is still black

Anyone have any solutions? I can't seem to find the info anywhere.

Upvote 0
i'd like to know if anyone got the clock to change on the telus milestone...

it seems because of the locked kernel, we can't do adb remount or push files to certain areas...

i've been trying (even trying alternatives, such as going adb shell, su, and remount that way with the mount yaffs2, etc) and nothing works...and i can't push..i can pull, but can't push

so has anyone got the color of the clock to change on the telus milestone?

Upvote 0
i'd like to know if anyone got the clock to change on the telus milestone...

it seems because of the locked kernel, we can't do adb remount or push files to certain areas...

i've been trying (even trying alternatives, such as going adb shell, su, and remount that way with the mount yaffs2, etc) and nothing works...and i can't push..i can pull, but can't push

so has anyone got the color of the clock to change on the telus milestone?

Wrong section. Check the All things root (Milestone) section instead... I am sure someone over there knows way more about this than anyone with a droid would.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones