• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [GUIDE]Easy Root Method - Works w/ B10 update! 1/28/2013

Thanks I going to go slowly...I really dont do much with phone....I may be one of the few left that usually just makes phone calls :)....As they say I'm all thumbs (sorry abt the pun) when I try to text.... I thought I saw somewhere that Alien Kernel 3 didnt have blue tooth or wifi...maybe I misunderstood. The only real issue I have had with phone is alot of rebooting issues and some freeze ups. Most rebooting on its own comes when I am using Navigation app. I was suspecting either its over heating or the cpu just cant handle the load

++++++++++++++++

What about the back up and restore function within the one click root

Upvote 0
Thanks I going to go slowly...I really dont do much with phone....I may be one of the few left that usually just makes phone calls :)....As they say I'm all thumbs (sorry abt the pun) when I try to text.... I thought I saw somewhere that Alien Kernel 3 didnt have blue tooth or wifi...maybe I misunderstood. The only real issue I have had with phone is alot of rebooting issues and some freeze ups. Most rebooting on its own comes when I am using Navigation app. I was suspecting either its over heating or the cpu just cant handle the load

++++++++++++++++

What about the back up and restore function within the one click root

Alien Kernel 3 is fully working and fixes the reboots, for the most part. Also the freeze ups are greatly reduced with the kernel. Anywho, that is your Recovery mode. The one click root installed a custom recovery called ClockworkMod. The new recovery allows you to create a NANDroid Backup. It is a full complete backup of EVERYTHING in your phone, except the SD Card since it isn't a part of the phones memory. The Backup and Restore feature is what allows you to perform the special backup I mentioned. When you use it your phone will be backed up in its current state. All apps, data, contacts, settings, passwords, accounts, browser history, messages, calls, etc. are backed up. The restore feature will return the phone to the EXACT state it was in when you backed up. Really cool feature especially for us devs, modders, themers, testers, etc. who do alot of installs of random stuff on here. Great in case something ever goes wrong. I suggest making a backup immediately just in case :D

Reactions: iram
Upvote 0
I've come across 2 apps one called
ROM manager and one called Kernel manager....any thoughts on usefulness of either of these in regards to Warp..

Im considering based on previous recommendations to install the Alien Kernel. Not sure how much of a difference I will see in over all performance. I really dont don much with phone other than voice , some texting and email and when needed navigation

Upvote 0
I've come across 2 apps one called
ROM manager and one called Kernel manager....any thoughts on usefulness of either of these in regards to Warp..

Im considering based on previous recommendations to install the Alien Kernel. Not sure how much of a difference I will see in over all performance. I really dont don much with phone other than voice , some texting and email and when needed navigation

Don't use them, they will break the system and turn your phone into an outdated paperweight. In regards to the Warp, they're useless. In regards to another phone (say, the Nexus line, pure Google phones) they're one of the best things out there. Until we get this phone to surpass the level of high end phones... I wouldn't even install those apps.

Alien Kernel will help with those, I remember hearing it had network boosts, plus slightly better sound... also it'll reduce lag between apps, as well as fixing flashlight which actually comes in very handy at times. Even for someone who is not a heavy user like you are, Iram, I VERY much recommend installing the kernel.

Reactions: MrBobo and iram
Upvote 0
To uninstall, make sure you have another launcher installed first of all. Next, open a root browser and navigate to /system/app and find an apk with adw in the name, not sure what it's actually called... anyways delete and reboot the phone. Don't do a factory reset on it unless you convert the other launcher to a system app or else you're going to end up with no launcher after the reset.

Reactions: Trimbaud
Upvote 0
To uninstall, make sure you have another launcher installed first of all. Next, open a root browser and navigate to /system/app and find an apk with adw in the name, not sure what it's actually called... anyways delete and reboot the phone. Don't do a factory reset on it unless you convert the other launcher to a system app or else you're going to end up with no launcher after the reset.

Nice -thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones